Rozkł‚ad jazdy i wyszukiwanie trasy na trafi.net/warsaw

Moderatorzy: Tyrystor, Dantte

jurgis

Rozkł‚ad jazdy i wyszukiwanie trasy na trafi.net/warsaw

Post autor: jurgis » 17 lip 2008, 14:44

First, sorry for writing in English, but my Polish is not so great...

I'd like to announce a new page we have just launched for Warsaw public transport schedules and route finding: http://trafi.net/warsaw/ . It has all the info from ZTM, but looks a lot cooler and has some new nice functionality.

The page is still "beta", which means it might not be completely bug-free, but we are working on it very actively, and we would appreciate any comments suggestions. Also, the Polish language might not be perfect, so if you think something can be improved - let us now! :)

Unfortunately we still don't have the geographical data, so the map is still not showing stops or tracks.

Jurgis

Awatar użytkownika
Paweł_K
Taki ligowy Bełchatów
Kontakt:

Post autor: Paweł_K » 17 lip 2008, 15:06

Nice job. Some cosmetic changes like:
Wyczyść instead of Wyczyścić
Szukaj instead of Szukać
Wyjazd instead of Wyjechać
Przyjazd instead of Przybyć
Wcześniejsze wyszukiwanie instead of Wcześniejsze yszukiwanie

That's all I've spotted at first sight. Works much better than similar program on ZTM site.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Richard Wright 1943-2008 - Shine on, you crazy diamond...

Awatar użytkownika
person
(geograf)

Post autor: person » 17 lip 2008, 15:21

There is some problem with timetable of line 122 and you can't find metro or SKM in your route finder.
And I couldn't find such stops like PKP Rembertów or PKP Włochy in "route finder" (there are visible in "stops" list)...

But your site is really much better than ZTM route finder :-)

Awatar użytkownika
Paweł_K
Taki ligowy Bełchatów
Kontakt:

Post autor: Paweł_K » 17 lip 2008, 15:27

And in timetables, theres hour 24 instead of hour 0. There's no list of suburban lines
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Richard Wright 1943-2008 - Shine on, you crazy diamond...

JacekM
Śnieżynka

Post autor: JacekM » 17 lip 2008, 15:29

I see, that some data is missing - e.g. departure times on route 122.

Screenshot
bury me in my favourite yellow patent leather shoes / and with a mummified cat / and a cone-like hat.

Awatar użytkownika
person
(geograf)

Post autor: person » 17 lip 2008, 15:31

Paweł_K pisze:There's no list of suburban lines
Becouse suburban lines are treated as "normal" bus lines ;-)

(Tip: suburban lines have numbers: 7xx and 8xx)

Awatar użytkownika
fik
Naczelne Chamidło

Post autor: fik » 17 lip 2008, 15:35

It does look very well indeed, and is much more functional than ZTM site, although it has one major flaw - due to metro operating on frequentional timetable instead of fixed one, it isn't included in search results. Also, there are some problems with multiple route variants of simple line - compare line 705 timetables here and here. Last minor flaw I noticed is lack of low-floor departures indications - '[]' in ZTM timetables.

Otherwise it is very well done and extremaly well thought out. KUTGW!
and I ask my masks and I:
surely we are living in a dream?

mariow

Post autor: mariow » 17 lip 2008, 16:16

I am quite impressed. It looks much better than ZTM's site. Particularly, you don't have to go back if you want to search the timetable of another line or departures from another stop.

Good job!
PURA VIDA!

Awatar użytkownika
TGM

Post autor: TGM » 17 lip 2008, 16:46

I think "Na tym przystanku zatrzymują się jeszcze: (...) 501 519" will be better than: "Na tym przystanku jeszcze się zatrzymują: (...) 501 519" :D .

Awatar użytkownika
Solaris U10

Post autor: Solaris U10 » 17 lip 2008, 21:44

geograf pisze:And I couldn't find such stops like PKP Rembertów or PKP Włochy in "route finder" (there are visible in "stops" list)...
I don't have a problem like that - they're both possible to choose.

The only one disadvantage is that SKM and uderground aren't included, as well as KM (trains, which aren't organised by ZTM, like SKM is, but is also possible to travel them using ZTM tickets).

Awatar użytkownika
person
(geograf)

Post autor: person » 18 lip 2008, 10:28

Solaris U10 pisze:don't have a problem like that - they're both possible to choose.
Today I can find this stops there ;-)

Unfortunately "no stops with name similar to 'Pl.Inwalidów' found" (in route finder). What is more this stop could be find in "stops" list...

And there is a problem with departure times on route 116 i 195 from Pl.Inwalidów stop...

(If it is possible could you change a sign of tram on the list of routes? Trams are marked as trolleys... ;-) )

jurgis

Post autor: jurgis » 18 lip 2008, 11:12

Thanks everybody for trying out the site and for great comments - there are some positive changes already!

- Some Polish texts were changed according to suggestions.
- Suburban buses were moved to the tab where they actually belonged.
- The data for bus 122 and some others was fixed. Please let us know if you see some more data missing!

We will try to take into account other suggestions as well - they all made perfect sense. And for now, please continue using the site, sending suggestions and comments, and let everybody know about it. :)

Awatar użytkownika
R-9 Chełmska

Post autor: R-9 Chełmska » 18 lip 2008, 12:39

Check morning depratrures for example here and here or here and here. There is a problem with buses/trams, which starts not on the first stop.
And, as Fikander noticed the multiple-route variants - here and here. Variant route at 6 am on 720 works better, but it disappears on Zakrętowa stop in your timetable...

In spite of all - great job!
5290 - LINIĘ OBSŁUGUJE ZAKŁAD "CHEŁMSKA"
Najczęściej podróżuję: 2, 17, 33, 136, 141, 172, 186, 509, 518, N01, N32

Awatar użytkownika
Solaris U10

Post autor: Solaris U10 » 18 lip 2008, 13:13

One more question: did you copy the timetables manually? It's important because every week there are some timetable changes and timetables copied once won't be always up-to-date.

jurgis

Post autor: jurgis » 18 lip 2008, 14:37

The timetables are copied automatically, so they will be up to date.

However, this automatic copying introduces some complications. The problem is that we need to know not only the timetable at each stop, but also when the given bus will be in each stop like here - this is the information you will not see in ZTM pages at all. We can only reconstruct this information, if the exact track is given in the list like here. These morning buses don't follow the full track, so we can not process them at this point.

We hope to have a more direct integration with ZTM or a smarter way of copying the data soon, so we can include completely all times.

[ Dodano: Pią 18 Lip, 2008 14:49 ]
I have a question as well to the more experienced users in this forum: maybe someone knows a good email contact at ZTM, who could answer questions regarding their data access?

For now I only saw ztm@ztm.waw.pl, which is probably not the place to ask questions like that.

ODPOWIEDZ